Job title: Global Manager of Business Continuity and Crisis Management
This position may be filled in San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, or Washington D.C. Other locations globally may be considered based on experience.
What You’ll Do
- The Global Resilience and Partnerships team takes a global, whole-of-business approach to strengthen resilience, foster a culture of readiness and inclusion, and empower Uber’s consistent high speed and high quality response to disruptions and disasters through four primary program areas
- Life/Safety – Mitigating risk to the lives and safety of Uber stakeholders
- Reputation and Brand – Identifying adverse impacts to Uber’s reputation/brand and acting quickly as a team to launch an effective response
- Business Operations – Protecting the ability of Uber to operate effectively in the marketplace across all lines of business
- Facilities and Infrastructure – Ensuring the continuity of infrastructure (both physical and cyber), safety, and security of Uber’s facilities
- Working with global business teams to develop strategies and proposals for mitigating business continuity risks through effective plans and actionable solutions
- Working with regional business teams to conduct business impact, business continuity, and security assessments in order to maintain continuity and critical services
- Executing upon, and updating business continuity program goals, inclusive of the development and reporting against metrics and key performance indicators, meant to assess program health and continuous program improvement
- Creation of crisis management and disaster relief initiatives and partnerships globally to help people in need through our corporate social responsibility initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of Corporate Business Continuity and Crisis Management Security experience
- 5+ years of management and supervisory experience preferred
- You should already be a recognized leader in the Business Continuity and Crisis Management profession
- Experienced in creating business continuity and crisis management services for internal corporate functions and external marketplace equities
- Extensive knowledge of support to Centers of Excellence, call centers, and decentralized workforce operations
- Experienced in global disaster relief operations and corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity professional certification is a plus
- Experience supporting global and regional teams in APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and NORAM
- Ability to travel globally as necessary
About the Team
This position requires a leader and collaborator who is able to navigate a global organizational culture. Our ideal candidate must be able to interact positively with global leaders across the full spectrum of business units and demonstrate ownership of deliverables. It is essential that they will build and maintain positive rapport with key stakeholders, understand and adapt to the nuances of different internal customers, and enhance a sustainable and scalable program from the ground up.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Location: Arlington, VA
Job date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 03:19:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!