Job title: PT Crisis Stabilization Unit Case Manager – COMCARE
Work Schedule: Varied hours – no more than 999 hours in a twelve month period
Provide intensive, goal-directed, medically necessary services to support to adults who have mental illness and substance use problems resulting in crisis stabilization.
Direct Service Provision.
- Case Management using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental illness and/or improve emotional and functional well-being.
- Provide crisis stabilization services to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis while they are in the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU).
- Manage distraught or psychotic clients who are in need of structure; monitor gross psychological and physical functions of clients.
- Familiarize clients with guidelines and procedures of CSU.
- Conduct risk assessments as needed to address safety of clients.
- Collaborates with community partners, caregivers, family members, physicians and other treatment providers on a regular consistently until client dismissal.
- Support consumer achieve treatment goals, coordinate with collateral contacts, medication education, crisis management, prompt client to complete daily living activities, monitor client one to one for safety or as needed.
- Complete discharge planning and support transition to the community or to higher level of treatment.
- Provide transportation to support client attendance in medical appointments and other therapeutic goal related activities to include development of community resources, employment or education access, social or consumer-run activities and related supports.
- Identify and secure in-home services to maintain stabilization once client returns home.
- Contact service providers to request and arrange services; coordinate and monitor services rendered.
- Create and initiate plans to ensure clients attend mental health appointments.
- Assist clients to maintain basic needs (housing, food, medical).
- Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed treatment and client response to treatment within set timelines.
- Complete documents prior to ending shift with or on behalf of the client.
- Complete Note for Records to ensure completeness of medical records.
- Complete documentation according to minimum Medicaid and agency standards for content and quality.
General Administrative Duties.
- Identify sources of information needed to provide comprehensive mental health treatment and secure the necessary COMCARE consents to release information. Submit necessary referral forms to team supervisor for approval or assignment in Psych Consult.
- Complete all necessary forms for admission and/or discharge for Crisis Stabilization Unit clients.
- Ensure all needed documentation and forms are completed and up-to-date for assigned SCOAP clients.
- Complete shift reports.
- Notify treatment providers of client admission to Crisis Stabilization Unit.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or be equivalently qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience in the human services field and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education. If no degree is present, applicant may substitute each one year of experience for one year of education. Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at . Do not send resumes or application status requests or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Expected salary: $14.49 per hour
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 05:59:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!