Job title: Crisis Clinician
Work Schedule: Varied Hours
Work as part of a team providing crisis intervention services and pre-admission assessments to meet the needs of members of the community who are in crisis. This includes performing clinical assessments for individuals who present as a danger to self or others at Crisis or other community locations. In addition, completion of intake, follow-up, and outreach appointments, as well as answering crisis telephone lines as needed is required. Pre-admission assessments entail evaluating for appropriate level of care. Support suicide prevention efforts in the community while upholding the mission and vision of COMCARE of Sedgwick County.
Employee must be able to complete complex tasks by applying standard office policies, authorized instructions, and past precedents to achieve a desired outcome. Employee must quickly recognize emergency or sensitive situations and take appropriate action. Critical decision making and the ability to think through the consequences of a decision are essential in this position.
- Complete risk assessments for appropriate level of care.
- Provide brief focused therapy to address the immediate mental health needs of clients who present as currently dangerous.
- Conduct mental health assessments in the community with the mobile crisis unit (MCU) to determine a client’s immediate mental health needs.
- Provide assessment and brief focused therapy services to COMCARE Assessment Program for Seniors (CAPS) clients.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Intake/assessment to include history, presenting problems and diagnoses using DSM-V criteria.
- Initiates outreach to increase engagement.
- Complete progress notes in accordance with COMCARE guidelines which meet requirements for medical necessity, goal-directed therapy and client response to treatment within prescribed timelines.
- Complete Notes for Record, precautions, authorization for release of records, releases of information, safety documents and other documentation as required and/or recommended within established deadlines.
- Completes call logs to ensure important information is available to other providers.
- Assessment tools are to be accurate and completed within the timeframe established for the particular screen.
- Monitor treatment plans and update within the required timeframe.
- Respond to Utilization Review staff feedback forms and make corrections as needed.
- Enter AIMS data as needed.
- Completes court reports or treatment summaries within required timelines as set by the entity requesting these documents.
- Spent time coordinating and assisting with a special program or project at CIS which enhances or aids in the delivery of services to mental health consumers.
- Activities may include but not be limited to competency evaluations, stress trauma assistance team, crisis assessment program for seniors, mobile crisis unit, or the collection and dissemination of data collected from local agencies.
- Coordinate admission to appropriate level of care.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree or higher. Must be licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LMSW, LMFT, LMLP, LPC, or LP. Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance.
Preferred Qualifications: May be clinically licensed by the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board as an LCP or LCPC, LCMFT, or LSCSW.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at . Do not send resumes or application status requests or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Expected salary: $40852 per year
Location: Wichita, KS
Job date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 07:35:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!